Wednesday, October 3, 2007

List Mania!

I sit her wasting time at my computer this morning before I exercise (I am going for 31 miles this October on it to support my “31 for 21” blog attempt also) So far I have 3 ½ miles since the first. I am actually more likely to walk / run that 31 miles as I am to blog every day for 31 days….but I will keep trying.

So I thought I would tell you about my lists…I love lists…. I make tons of them ….. So many that it makes Eric cringe….and Adrian has even started carrying her own little pad and pen and makes hers. I just hope I am not as bad as she is when it gets lost! ….actually I am sure I am because my whole life is planned in this book.

In my “little book” I currently have a “To DO” list for each m-f week and then another one for the weekend. I have them about 3-4 weeks out in my notebook…so I can fill in stuff as I add it to my calendar (I know it is really a sickness). My weekly list remind me of our in home therapy times, special events that week (pictures, field trips, snack days, birthday parties…etc) reminding me to pay bills and what I want to accomplish.

I have a list for what I want to do to our house before the appraisal / construction phase…. Pay the architect, put in some new exterior doors & paint them, a new oven & second dishwasher in current kitchen, start taking out some trees, get the driveway patched in a few spots, fix the spot in the retaining wall I hit with the van the other day, get a new garage opener and

I have a planning list for Colin’s birthday party…invites…the kids…the food…web links…the snake guy….the cake design link….etc

I have Christmas lists for all the children started….as well as who we need to buy for….I also have Christmas lists to give Grandma and Grandpa and other people who grace us with presents. I also am making Eric’s Christmas list and my list too. That way I can cross off what has been purchased so we don't have to many dulicates and I can keep up to see if everyone is as close to even as they can be.

I also have a food shopping list: one for Wal-Mart, one for Save-A- Lot, and one for Aldi’s and one for Schnucks. I like cheap, but I have found that I like certain generic/ store brands of some products better than others. Specific example…Eric and the children love the hash browns from Save A lot and not at Aldi’s or Wal-Mart. So I have certain things we buy from each store and I try to shop a different one each week (except Wal-Mart…I think they should just get our paycheck and give us back an allowance)

I have a list of all the cricut cartridges and items I want for my scrap booking habit!

I have an “October list” which includes everything I want finished by the end of this month. So since my goal is to blog for 31 days straight! It is the first thing on my October list. Here are some of the other major things:

Walk /run 31 miles for DS (and my extra pregnancy bottom weight)

Blog 31 times

Exchange the winter clothes out for the children

Find all the winter coats and determine if they still fit and who need new ones

Move/ clean out under the steps and reorganize all the kids clothes bins into the utility room (so I have a place to “Lock up” the Christmas presents from Adrian)

Finish kids Christmas shopping (I usually do this Halloween no one at the stores…and I am done )

Start wrapping Christmas gifts (involves opening and putting in batteries, cutting all the expletive ties and putting on stickers so in “ready to play with condition…then wrapping

Help Eric clean the garage & install a garage door opener & get ready to put prius in for winter

Decorate for Halloween & find the thanksgiving decorations

Start our family holiday calendar (after I buy a new program)

Edit the 1100 photo files I am behind in the too be edited file

Get Colin & Jordan in for photos at the Picture People for Colin’s 7th birthday and Jordan’s 9 month photos

Buy Christmas pajamas for all

Set a time for Christmas photos which will involve Grandma and another person to help

Find a tree trimmer

Find someone to work on yard clean up or do it myself

Get fingerprints done

Meet with the Insurance guy and reevaluate our life policies and needs

Do a lot of paperwork for BFT

Clean and reorganize the kitchen cupboards (just to drive Eric and Diane nuts) and put more magnetic locks on them!!!

Also put magnetic locks on down stairs cupboards in mud room & in my office!

Register for YMCA classes

Renew memberships: Air Evac, zoo, & botanical gardens

Hopefully get a few more “grumpy” stories ready for illustrator!

Take my dh out to celebrate our anniversary and our life together

Get new website up for Princess Grumpy’s books (not just the blog)

Get a few new URL from go daddy

Get our subdivision website up w/ photos from around the area

Some work on the house: Alan’s guys @ hmc

Floor in Great room & Adrian’s’ room – FTG

School Conferences: all the children


Now you see why Eric cringes when I say “I’ll put it on the list”! I really do usually accomplish most of the things on my lists. But for some reason October’s Monthly list got really long!

So I will tell you how it went at the end of the month! I have made a dent in the clothing exchange/ moving and will start the kitchen soon! Some stuff is already scheduled and you will know if I am blogging here….so wish us luck on the rest!

No comments: