Thursday, November 20, 2008

Spilt milk.....and all that makes me smile (and sometimes cry)

Jordan is growing up so quickly........ I think he has really loved the kids returning to school and the magic three and a half hours we spend together..... each Mon thru Thurs!

He smiles, he hugs and he talks to me the whole time..... we play and we clean up...... we exercise...... run errands..... and basically just hang out a lot (and do tons of laundry).

Today he helped me clean the kitchen..... my 20 month old.... holds the dust pan for me..... and then today he tries to take it to the trash can....... imagine a little toddler wobbling over and spilling about 3/4 of all the stuff in the pan, but that face as he turned around showed so much pride an joy and happiness that I just wanted to hug him!!!!

I think this is one of the coolest things about being a parent! The chance to see full joy on a daily or sometimes hourly basis!

But I have so learned not to cry over spilt milk..... (even with the huge price increases this year)..... because in our family..... besides having a lot of spilt milk (and other liquids) comes a lot of joy at seeing all of the kids accomplish something new!
Sunday at Eric's birthday lunch with his children at El Nopal.... Devon made a huge jump in his developmental skills...... He drank a whole glass of lemon aide with a straw~!
What is the big deal..... he is almost 8..... BUT IT WAS HUGE!!!!! It was the last goal Eric and I had for him to complete before school started (OK again a little late it is November...... but time adjustment and dates changes are part of being a mom of my kids.....they do everything when they want.... not on my timeline!)
He has drank his juice or milk with a straw every day since..... no more sippy cups, no more remembering to bring one when go out or finding a moldy one in my van cause Eric or I forgot it!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!
So today I was happy over spilt dust & dirt and thankful for a little less spilt milk cause Devon can use a straw NOW!!!
......... but you should have seen the floor in front of the sink at lunch when Miranda tried to help me clean the table........ she carried each glass over and put them in the sink....... one of them was upside down.......... but again....... that face of pride and joy and happiness for helping mommy do something!!!!
So today being a mom is also so worth a roll of paper towels!!!!


3 comments:

JennyH said...

Big things!! Sounds like your little kiddos are getting big!

Can't wait to hear what the others are up to.

datri said...

I'm so glad you are able to start posting to your blog again!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on everything Jane. Glad to see you all are doing well - and Happy Birthday Eric. You need to get on Facebook, btw.