Sunday, September 30, 2007

Got Energy! THEY DO!!!!

I really have to say that people sometimes think I have a lot of energy…but really I just wish I could have ½ of the energy of my children (accept for Adrian when someone turns on the TV that doesn’t count in the picture).

The kids played outside all afternoon (noon to 6:30 pm). Basically Eric got another dose of “my life” which usually revolves around popsicles, and water, and potting, and pushing someone on the swing and keeping Melea from loving Eliza a little harder than she should. Actually he was wonderful at watching them and being outside with them while I got a lot of “mom” stuff done…laundry, bills, cleaning, moving / exchanging clothes, cooking dinner and working on my Princess Grumpy books. But I can say this really isn’t easy….and he sure made it look like it was. (course I brought the popsicles, and the snacks, and ran interference with Grumpy for him)


I really still can’t believe how dirty the kids can get in that amount of time. Colin, Eliza and Melea looked like advertisements for “save the children” Eric and I bathed them all again….took them up for our big Sunday dinner….and we ate a great evening meal and no crying!!! What is up with that!!!

What a night so far…no screaming at dinner, no plates hit the floor and nothing spilled…I need to play the lottery after an evening meal like this! Then comes my favorite time….CLEAN UP! It is so nice to have a group of children and a husband who usually like to help without too much coaxing!!! Sometimes I know it would be faster if they didn’t help …but I know that time will come sooner than later…but tonight it was just plain fun….

Everyone brought their plates over and scraped them off. Miranda tried to crawl DOWN the steps by squeezing under the gate….she is getting so mobile…. I am soexcited. And them my favorite thing started.

Melea starts running around the island in the kitchen….running and giggling. Eliza starts to chase her dragging the “Chester cheetah” tail behind her.She is finally really running, but just like Colin it is flat footed like "Slappy the Duck".

A few minutes later Colin decided to join in and it looks like three little spinning tops in a pinball game. Colin & Melea soon lap Eliza and then all of a sudden Colin and Melea reverse direction….course they forget to tell Eliza and she looks a little puzzled and then she just turns around and joins in the chase again!!!

Adrian finally gives up and joins in and Melea keeps stopping by me and trying to get Miranda to follow her (Miranda is on my lap) and for this time it is not her nystagmus making her eyes dart back and forth she really is trying to follow what is going on and just can't seem to keep her eyes in one spot.

Finally Colin picks her up and carries her a lap around the island…. But he brings her back a few minutes later. This seemed to go on for about 15 minutes…… and they all collapse on the floor in a giggling pile….. and I smile to myself... cause there is my family, my children, happily laying on the not so clean floor in a heap!

they love each other, they play together, have so much fun together and will be together forever……. I just wish I had their energy!

Colin sacked out

No comments: