Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Welcome

I have had so many people ask me to blog our good and bad adventures in our parenting life. Though I am not sure where we actually belong. Because when I try to put us into one category I realize we do not fit into just one! We could be informative for people because we are a large family (six children and counting), but we are a special needs family (4 children with down syndrome, and a plethora of other issues), we are also a blended adoptive family (adoptive and bio children) , a racially diverse family (self explanatory), a family with older parents raising younger children (we both turn 40 this year and I feel our children are keeping us young). So you see there actually there are so many categories we fit into that it is funny.

Because when I have to try to put us into one category I realize we do not fit into just one! Except that WE ARE A FAMILY!!!! Albeit different- but we are one none the less. It has been a long process and we have lots of people who have helped us get here! So thanks and read so I feel like I make a contribution to the world!

Basically I am a stay at home mother of 6 beautiful children- four are adopted, two are biological (I try not to use "natural"). Colin is almost seven, Melea will turn six in February, Adrian is four, Eliza is three, Miranda is two and our littlest guy was born in March this year!
**side note who could work with all that laundry! I am married to a wonderful man for fourteen years now! Eric is a wonderful man, an awesome father (from my point) and the children's number one dad! We live in a suburban area near St. Louis Missouri on a few acres, we really are way to typical for what I thought my life would be!

I am also the owner & driver of a 15 passenger van (so I can have 6 car seats) - aka MOM's TAXI who is addicted to Starbucks and I would love / need tips on how to navigate their drive thru's to not scratch it! I

And welcome to our world!!!! Enjoy!!

No comments: