Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hair cut for Dad & Devon gets "locked"

We took Devon TO GET HIS HAIR LOCKED FOR THE FIRST TIME YESTERDAY!!!!!

This was an interesting experience, imagine deer in headlights with, scared child, with a face of utter amazement and then the determination of one mom and one hair dresser, and a daddy who can hold him while all heck and wiggling is breaking loose!


  • I was so proud of my husband, he held and hugged Devon for a little over an hour, as well as singing to him the majority of the time to attempt to keep him occupied. I have high praise (always have) for Rochelle at our local Custom Cuts........ she worked with him and tried and gave suggestions on how to get him calmed (and he really wasn't that great) He was like working on a moving target!
  • HOWEVER IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait till we are able to braid it....... course after this that could be an all day process....... but I know with time and experience he will learn to love having his hair done.

Colin actually had the best reaction....... he rubbed it and made his happy noises, told me with his signs he wanted his hair to do that and it was like a fish (I think he meant sea anemones..... but they are in a fish tank therefore the concept of fish!

So basically it went better than expected, however it has room for improvement........ BUT HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!