Friday, January 25, 2008

Miranda has her EEG or a soap opera coma......

I am so sorry iI forgot my camera this morning! Cause the photos would have been precious!



Basically today started with..... it was the normal rush to get the kids up, and started for school, but add into the mix get Miranda dressed and ready for a ton of tests today and out the door by 7 am! (NOTE I had to keep her awake past midnight and wake her up at 4 am and then try to keep her up, have clean hair and skin with no lotion on them so all the pads and leads will stick......)



At least the roads were not crowded nor was it snowing! Huge plus in our favor!



We make it on time and get checked into the hospital. Eric went with her last time she had an EEG so I am sort of new with this one..... but I know she gets a tone of "goopy" leads stuck to her head and then we get to sit for about 45 minutes and then do some other tests with them on! (Really looking forward to this!!! LOL)



It all starts with them measuring Miranda's head and making a ton of "dots" and marks on it. Needless to say she is not please when Colin plays connect the dots on her, this stranger is getting the evil eye and she starts to squirm and wriggle!!!



I love that I get to hold her and I end up having to sing.... constantly for almost 40 minutes to keep her attention so they can proceed to scrub these marks and then apply leads. I think Miranda is in on the plot cause for each one she gets secure, Miranda seems to pull another one off!



Finally we get them all on and I have her pinned against me and have been singing the "Silly Pizza", "Wheels on the Bus", and the "5 little ducks "for so long all I want is a glass of water! and to sit down and when I am blinking she goes after them again! SO they decide to wrap her head up.



Miranda looks like a bad soap opera medical scene! For a moment I am convinced she is Erica Kane or Greenelee Smythe with amnesia and will likely be a coma or some other hospital peril in a few " soap opera minutes". But hey They just want her to drift off into a nice sleep so they can proceed to measure her brain wave activity for a 30 minutes or so......

HA HA HA HA HA!!!! No they have given my little girl 40 wires, lots of gauze and fun sticky paste and they want her to sleep.... and people laugh when I say I could win the lottery.... I am seeing sleep as harder than winning the powerball right now!

Course mom is exhausted from all the sleep I didn't get while trying to keep her up! So I could do with a 30 minute catnap!

But our beautiful Miranda never dose oblige them....she is way to interested in pulling on her "mummy" hat and trying to get the leads off.

I am probably one of the first parents they have ever had that hopes they find something wrong, so we can use it to get a better school placement or aide if she has a seizure issue.... we shall see when the results come in!

After that we went to the store and had lunch, and bought our clothes and stuff for school!

Can't wait she goes on the fourth! She will be such a big girl then! And I am so tired of people in my house four or 5 days a week a and never being able to plan stuff or do anything cause every one's schedule is so much more important than mine!

I told school I want her with her sisters at our local school.... we shall see how that goes!

But at least she and I had a fun day! and we are closer to becoming independent!

No comments: