Thursday, January 24, 2008

Welll..... I visited the intensive therapy room

I determined the following things that day!

1) nobody goes into the labor / delivery room hoping their child gets assigned to the "intensive therapy room" for preschool....so likely nobody is ever pleased with this situation

2) I realized that had a wonderful and caring staff of paraprofessionals and a nice teacher

3) my van fits through the Starbucks drive thru (which is a big plus cause we don't fit through most....AND IT IS A BLOCK AWAY!)

4) That the room is 35 minutes one way from my house on a good traffic day (is there really such a thing)

5) That an intensive therapy program (very misleading name....cause it is actually the same number of minutes in both places) is probably what Miranda needs right now

6) That I really want her in a class with her peers....I am just not sure what her peers are

7) That the easier they try to make things for parents to understand....... the harder it really is

8) That I am not a really nice person......because all I care about is my kid, and my family and I do not want to think about anyone else!

9) That just because Miranda is not genetically mine that I still feel like I caused this somehow (something some pointed out I shouldn't feel cause she wasn't my biological daughter)

10) That I am not closer to deciding what she needs today than last week! I am just sick of reactive versus proactive planning!

URGH~!

No comments: