Wednesday, January 2, 2008

We go back to normal tommorrow!

School Starts back up Thursday!!!!! Can you hear me singing! I am sort of excited, but I might actually miss a continuously messy house, taking someone to the bathroom every 5 minutes and having Melea demand a "peurply" candy every 15 minutes!

I has been a fun, exciting and occasionally challenging Christmas break! But is it over, yes it is over and the short buses will start sliding up the driveway tomorrow! Yeah!

We actually had a great end of vacation today. We all went to get hair cuts (kids day at custom cuts ....saves $3 a kid and that add up with 6 children), then a walmart run for yogurt and then we all went to the Chinese restaurant for lunch!

It is amazing what my children will eat...an how it actually costs us the same to eat there as McDonald's. Colin just started branching out from the silly chicken (sweet & sour). He now like beef or pork lo-mein as well as devouring the fried rice, and a crab Rangoon.

Melea still only likes the "silly" chicken, but she did try a bit of the sauce today and a bite of egg roll! Though she loves those fortune cookies.

Adrian has to eat with chopsticks (I am sure the way she eats is not the actual way...she sort of skewers it a lot!).... She also seemed to try drowning her "silly chicken" in soy soup today! But she at least was excited cause the bathroom was next tot he table....and there is no exit near it so she got to go by herself....she is so proud of this!

Eliza and Miranda just love the noodles from my wonton soup and the rice. Eliza still has the most problem with chewing any type of chicken.... but boy does she try.... the same piece sometime three times. I am so good at eating soup...I can eat it with one hand and catch the pieces she is spitting out with the other! But she is self feeding and so proud of her ability to put her own plate in the sink or trash that you would look at that smile ant think she won a million dollars!

Miranda was just happy to be out and mad that it was so cold....she hates to be cold!

All in all it was a great outing with the kids and our helper Miss Kayla today!

I really was proud of all of them....including when Melea laid on the floor at walmart and had a screaming fit! Cause I asked her if I needed to find a thinking chair and she looked up at me....then jumped up and shook her head no! (though a few minutes latter she was in trouble again and lost her privilege to walk and had to get into the cart!)

..... but she is taking so much responsibility ... pushing the cart..... getting stuff off shelves... counting as we put stuff into the cart... but she is still stuck on TWO!

So I will miss them a lot ....BUT I AM NOT COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TILL SPRING BREAK!

No comments: